BECOME PART OF OUR NETWORK
Girls Action’s National Network is comprised of close to 300 organizations that support and work with girls and young women across the country. Its purpose is to harness the power of like-minded people and create an interconnected web that fosters knowledge, resource sharing, collaborations, and new initiatives, all to increase the empowerment and well-being of girls.
We provide our National Network Members with publications, resources and practical support such as coaching, training and networking opportunities that help develop community initiatives and girls' programs. Girls Action firmly believes that when we pool our efforts together for a common goal, real change is possible, and is in fact happening everyday!
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- Members are considered in priority for participation in our trainings, programs and projects, and for National Day of Action grants;
- Opportunities to facilitate workshops in our regional events;
- The possibility of partnership in national and local projects;
- Assistance in the dissemination of your information via our Resource Centre and Members' News. Share the tools and resources you develop, your news, events, programming ideas and activities with other organizations across Canada. And gain access to the tools and news of other groups;
- A newsletter that provides you with news of Girls Action events, new resources and profiles of inspiring girls and girls' programs. This quarterly mailout and web document will keep you connected to the work of the national network;
- Access to members of the Girls Action team to help you build bridges, links and open doors with respect to the work you do;
- Letters of support from Girls Action Foundation when your group seeks funding;
- Assistance in increasing the profile and legitimacy of your work, and the work we all do, by fostering connectivity that simultaneously breaks down barriers of isolation.
As a member of the national network, you remain autonomous and are connected with individuals, groups and organizations that are engaged in, or support, work by and for girls and young women. The work of the national network members exhibits the following:
Alignment with Girls Action Foundation's vision "to inspire, promote and support the creation of empowering educational opportunities for girls and young women". A commitment to building an anti-racist, feminist, queer-positive, ability-inclusive and youth-empowerment vision of social justice.
Please note that your application will be reviewed by our membership committee and you should receive an email response within 10 working days. You will also receive instructions for membership fee payment in the response.
The fees to become member of the National Network are of 50$. These are one-time fees, you will therefore be a lifetime member. A sliding scale is offered. No one will be refused for lack of funds. The instructions to pay the membership fees will be sent to you pending your approval.
For more information, please contact Nairi, Logistics and National Network Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.