Amplify Training 2014
What is the Amplify training?
Girls’ programmers as well as those who are building programs for girls got together for five days for an intensive training session. Through creative and interactive workshops, opportunities were provided to talk about programming for girls, as well as build skills in a variety of areas.
The training included workshops about:
- Designing and facilitating a program
- Activities, resources and ideas for programming
- Reinforcing the value of girl-specific programs
- Deepening analysis of the issues we are addressing (violence prevention, self-esteem, healthy sexuality, anti-oppression, etc.)
It also provided opportunities for:
- Networking and connecting with girls’ programs leaders from across the country
- Sharing success stories and action strategies for girls’ programs
- Discussing your current projects and finding a space for support
- Relaxing, creating & celebrating!
In 2014, the Amplify Training was specifically for young women facilitators of age 18-25.
"Amplify has helped me navigate how I will change programming to be more meaningful and personal for our Girls Group participants. I will use my new knowledge to create a safer space."- Amplify 2014 Participant
For more information about Amplify, please contact Jillian Kilfoil at 1.888.948.1112 or send her an email at email@example.com