Amplify Training 2015
What is the amplify training?
Girls’ programmers as well as those who are building programs for girls get together for five days for an intensive training session. The training is based on popular education and encourages critical thinking and movement towards action. Through creative and interactive workshops, opportunities are provided to talk about programming for girls, as well as build skills in a variety of areas.
The training includes workshops about:
- Designing and sustaining a program
- Developing facilitation skills
- Activities, resources and ideas for programming
- Reinforcing the value of gender sensitive programs
- Deepening analysis of the issues we are addressing (violence prevention, self-esteem, sexuality, anti-oppression, self and community care etc.)
It also provides opportunities for:
- Networking and connecting with girls’ programs leaders from across the country
- Sharing success stories and action strategies for girls’ programs
- Discussing your current projects and finding a space for support
- Relaxing, creating, collaborating & celebrating!
Who can participate?
You, if you:
- Have been facilitating programs for girls and young women
- Would like to gain new tools and resources that would strengthen your facilitation skills
- Would like to meet, share and network with others doing similar work across the country
*Special attention was given to folks facilitating violence prevention programs for newcomer girls and young women.
When Will it take place?
The Amplify Training took place from October 20th-25th, 2015, at a rustic resort (www.jouvence.com) two hours south of Montreal, Quebec.
Registration is now closed.
For more information about Amplify, please contact Jillian Kilfoil at 1.888.948.1112 or write to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.