What is the Leadership Training?
- Organize community projects
- Use multimedia (such as photography and video) as a tool for change
- Meet like-minded young women from across the country
- Connect with mentors and other inspiring people
The training is also a space to:
- Discover and strengthen leadership style
- Discuss the importance of self-care and how to make that happen
- Develop a strong understanding of anti-oppression and community organizing
When is it?
In 2013, Girls Action has decided to take the time to rethink our Young Women’s Leadership Program in order to strengthen its impact. With the feedback received from past participants, we are now relaunching our revamped training called the L project. It will take place from November 2nd to the 5th of 2016.
We are committed to creating a safer space that respects diversity. Therefore we encourage Trans girls, newcomer and immigrant girls, girls with precarious status situations, girls from diverse background and heritage and girls leaving with disabilities to apply. We will do all that is in our power to make it possible for you to participate.
Visit our Flickr photo album to see participants during the 2012 leadership training.
For more information, contact Naïké Ledan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514.948.1112; Toll Free: 1.888.948.1112