Young Women Future Leaders
Girls Action believes in the potential of girls and young women to be agents of change in their lives and their communities. Through our work we have engaged in cutting-edge programs that address the realities faced by racialized girls and young women. We aim to harness best practices and scale out efforts to support community initiatives that support racialized girls and young women.
This project aims to build leadership capacity amongst emerging young women leaders across Canada with a focus on understanding challenges and opportunities faced by racialized girls and young women. Our goal is to build a powerful force of young women leaders to lead change at the local level on priority issues, and to build economic security lead by young women.
- Build girls’ and young women’s leadership skills and capacities through a national training.
- Build community organizations’ skills and provide tools that enable them to offer effective leadership and mentorship programs to racialized girls.
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge about best practices with communities across Canada.
- Outreach to, and engage new partners across sectors (women professionals, public and voluntary organizations) to support local efforts.
- Create a national network of mentors and supporters.
- Fund local actions lead by girls young women; projects that engage community members to address and reduce social exclusion.