WE ARE HIRING: Fundraising Coordinator!
JOB POSTING: Fundraising Coordinator (full-time)
Girls Action is looking for an emerging non-profit professional to contribute to the growth of a diverse and sustainable funding base for our programs.
What does GIRLS ACTION FOUNDATION do?
Founded in 1995, Girls Action Foundation works at four levels:
- Our girls’ initiatives provide spaces for girls to speak out, build skills, and create action on issues that are important and real to them.
- Our national leadership program offers long-term investment and support to young women who are change-makers in their communities.
- Our practitioner network is made up of over 300 groups working with girls in diverse communities across Canada. We offer coaching, training and networking opportunities as well as participation in our ongoing programs and special projects.
- Girls Action provides a national voice on issues related to girls’ empowerment, including national partnerships, research, publications and contributions to public discourse that help advance the movement for girls’ wellbeing.
The successful candidate thrives in a collaborative and dynamic work environment and is able to adapt to meet evolving organizational needs and priorities.
- In collaboration with the Fund Development Manager, Executive Director and the staff team, contribute to the development and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising strategy.
- Working with the Program team, develop, draft and submit government funding proposals in French and English.
- Prepare and present solicitation material adapted to a variety of other types of donors, including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Build and maintain relationships with a variety of supporters, including individual donors, partners, network members, corporate and government funders.
- Participate in organizing and facilitating awareness-raising and cultivation activities such as special events, in-person meetings and phone calls.
- Conduct prospect research for individuals, foundations, corporations and government funders.
- Monitor and ensure proper tracking of all data related to contacts, proposals, campaigns and donations using Girls Action’s online donor database and donor communications systems.
- In collaboration with the Fund Development Manager, recruit, train and coordinate volunteers to support fundraising activities.
- In collaboration with the Communications team, participate in the development, writing and design of fundraising materials for print and online publication.
- Participate in big-picture thinking and planning activities twice yearly.
- Participate in regular continuing education opportunities related to our approach.
- Participate in ongoing strategy development for the organization as a whole.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in writing and research of funding.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English and French.
- Education or training in a related field (communications, social sciences, non-profit management, fundraising, etc.), or significant related work or volunteer experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to Girls Action’s mission and to feminist, anti-oppressive values and practice.
- Ability to balance donors’ objectives with organizational priorities.
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Proven ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- High degree of computer literacy and experience with a donor database (or CRM) such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of the non-profit funding landscape in Canada.
- Ability and experience of working autonomously and as a part of a team.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and the ability to learn and adapt on the job.
- Experience or familiarity with a “fundraising for social change” approach.
- Knowledge of facilitation and popular education approaches is an asset.
Located in the Girls Action Foundation office in Montreal, this is a one year contract with a good potential for renewal. Salary from $19 per hour for a 40 hour work week (salary will depend on qualifications and experience). Coverage under our Medical, Dental, Life and Long-term disability Benefits package after completion of 3 month probationary period.
How to apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter at: email@example.com
In your 1-page cover letter, in French or English, please:
- Tell us what excites you about joining the fundraising team at Girls Action Foundation, and how you relate to our mission and the communities we work with.
- Build on what is in your CV by sharing concrete examples of how your skills and experience demonstrate your ability to perform the primary responsibilities listed above.
Deadline to apply:
Friday May 19th at 5pm. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank everyone for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Girls Action we recognize and value the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized and oppressed communities bring to our organization. We encourage, among others, black, Indigenous and women of colour, disabled people, people identifying as LGBT*QIA2+, immigrants and newcomers, and people from working class backgrounds to apply. This list is not exhaustive, and we encourage applicants to describe other experiences of marginalization in their applications including how these experiences contribute to their unique perspectives.
The interview process can involve a telephone call, an in-person interview at our Montreal office, as well as a writing test, in French and English. If contacted, please let us know if you would require any accommodation throughout the process.
For further information email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org